Sunday, November 24, 2013

FINAL PROJECT: TESTING MY FELLOW CLASSMATES' IMMERSIVE LIBRARIES

So I looked at three classmates Museums, AJ's, Ryan's and Amanda's. These were my tests, observations and thoughts.

 Here I'm testing AJ's videos. This one certainly worked as planned. Also observe the paths, they are brilliant, I wish I'd thought of them. In my library I decided to go for a more natural sculpture garden aesthetic and my videos are on top of the sculptures. Visually I like it more but organizationally AJ's works much better.
 Here is AJ's documents, organized into one blog post. Earlier today they didn't work but since I wrote feedback on his post they have been fixed and now work perfectly.
 Here is my first [post about Ryan's library. I used the load screen because it best to highlight my main difficulty with Ryan's world. For some reason Ryan's world automatically loaded the soundtrack for all his videos all at once. Even worse they are all playing at once cacophonously during the load screen. Auditorilly it is a mess and it is even worse to try and understand the words during his videos. Also it meant the load took my computer 5 minutes rather than less than 30 seconds for every other world.
 Here I'm demonstrating that visually his videos work, the previous audio issue is still present though and so I can't hear the individual audio track really at all.
 Ryan's documents also wouldn't load as you can see in at least three of the web pages on this screen.
 This is Amanda's world, she also had issues with documents loading.
 Here embedded videos worked well though. 3D Printers are super cool. Feels like we are entering Star Trek!
Her videos work great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment